About us

The British High Commission in Singapore maintains and develops relations between the UK and Singapore.

We encourage Singapore to look to the UK as a global partner of choice in trade, investment, science and research, and we help Singapore on low-carbon economic development. Every year, we help about 100 UK companies gain a foothold in Singapore. We also work with Singapore to protect the national security of both countries, including through holding joint military exercises under the Five Power Defence Arrangements.

Find out more on our UK and Singapore news page. We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Singapore. You can access UK government services while in Singapore.

Urgent assistance

If you’re travelling in Singapore, see our Singapore travel advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).

If you’re in Singapore and you need advice which is not covered by reading our travel advice then you can contact us online

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

Apply online for an emergency travel document

If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf.

If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before

If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen

If you’re not a British citizen but think you may be eligible, contact us to apply for an emergency travel document.

Other consular services

Notarial and documentary services

For legal reasons, we’re unable to carry out notarial acts in Commonwealth countries. This includes certifying documents as true copies of originals, administering oaths or taking affidavits. For these or other notarial acts, you should contact a local notary. A list is available on the Singapore Academy of Law website.

Documents originating in the United Kingdom

Documents issued in the UK can be legalised (i.e. confirm that a signature, stamp, or seal is from a UK public official) by the Legalisation Office in the UK.

The British High Commission in Singapore will not be able to legalise documents issued in the UK. These include British passports, marriage certificates, birth certificates, educational certificates, divorce certificates, power of attorney, contracts, etc.

A standard letter is available to confirm we do not offer these services in Singapore.

Documents originating in Singapore

Documents originating in Singapore do not have to be legalised by the British High Commission before they can be accepted in the UK.

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services. See the full list of consular fees in Singapore.