Office access and opening times
Information about UK passport application opening times, disabled access and public holidays in 2017.
UK Passport Applications
Her Majesty’s Passport Office ceased application submission for British Passports on Friday 19 June 2015. Applications should be submitted at the UK Visa Application Centre (VAC)
The VAC is located at #305, Prime Hill Business Square, 60 Shwedagon Pagoda Road, Dagon Township, Yangon.
Please contact the VAC via email (HMPO.Yangon@vfshelpline.com) confirming 3 dates/times you are available to attend an appointment. All guidance relating to documents needed for submission are available on GOV.UK
Customers should not book travel until they have a valid passport. If a British national needs to travel more urgently, they may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document (ETD).
Anyone applying for an ETD or needing consular assistance should phone the British Embassy on +95 (0)1 370 863, +95 (0)1 370 864 or +95 (0)1 370 865 and follow the instructions to speak a consular officer who will assist you.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and this embassy are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members for the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of access for the disabled at this embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
Access to the embassy building is constrained by security considerations and the current layout of access routes and facilities. However, reception and security staff are alert to the requirements of disabled visitors and will endeavor to ensure that disable visitors are provided with appropriate assistance during their visit to ensure that they have access to embassy services.
If you anticipate requiring assistance, please telephone in advance of your visit so that we can ensure that we are able to provide access for you:
Telephone: +95 (1)370863 and ask for the Security Manager or
The Embassy will be CLOSED on the following days in 2019.
- New Year’s holiday 01 January Tuesday
- Independence Day 04 January Friday
- Thingyan Water Festival 15 April Monday
- Thingyan Water Festival 16 April Tuesday
- Myanmar New Year 17 April Wednesday
- Embassy Holiday 18 April Thursday
- Good Friday 19 April Friday
- Easter Monday 22 April Monday
- Summer Bank Holiday 26 August Monday
- Hari Raya Haji 12 August Monday
- In-Lieu of Diwali Holiday 28 October Monday (The Embassy will operate on skeleton staff on Monday)
- Fullmoon day of Tazaungbone 11 November Monday
- Christmas Day 25 December Wednesday
- Boxing Day 26 December Thursday
- New Year’s Eve 31 December Tuesday