Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
The Ljubljana Consular Section office works by appointment only and is therefore not open to the public at all times. See more information on how to make an appointment here.
2018 public holidays
|1 and 2 January||New Year’s day||Monday and Tuesday|
|8 February||Cultural holiday - Prešernov dan||Thursday|
|30 March||Good Friday||Friday|
|2 April||Easter Monday||Monday|
|27 April||Day of Uprising||Friday|
|1 and 2 May||Labour day||Tuesday and Wednesday|
|25 June||Statehood Day||Monday|
|15 August||Assumption day||Wednesday|
|31 October||Reformation day||Wednesday|
|1 November||All Saints day||Thursday|
|25 December||Christmas day||Tuesday|
|26 December||Independence and unity day||Wednesday|
Getting to the embassy
Our office is located on the 4th floor of the TR3 building at Trg republike 3, just opposite the National Parliament.
Commercial parking space is available on Trg republike square.
Due to the global threat currently posed by terrorism, and the targeting of embassies, we do our utmost to ensure a safe and secure environment for your visit.
Please co-operate with the security guard as he conducts the check and control, each of which should take only a few minutes. The security measures in place are for the benefit of all visitors and staff.
Visitors to our office will have to go through the security checkpoint at the entrance. Mobile phones and electronic devices are not allowed into the embassy.
The British Embassy Ljubljana is keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at this embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
- all entrances to the building are unobstructed
- wheelchair access to the office is gained by using the lift
- the ground floor is equipped with a toilet specially designed for the needs of wheelchair users and those with limited physical mobility
- commercial parking facilities are available next to the building. They have full transfer space for wheelchairs
- floor coverings within the embassy are safe and even
- internal doors are mostly fire doors and therefore heavy and not easy to use for those with mobility impairment
- the building is generally well lit; the embassy is fitted with emergency alarms and arrangements are in place for assisting disabled visitors in case of emergency/evacuation
Access for visually-impaired and deaf/ hard of hearing visitors
- signs are mostly clear and easy to read. Please ask if you require any help with any information within the embassy
- guide and hearing dogs are welcome
- minicom and textphones are not installed
All visa enquiries are now provided by an external commercial partner.
Visa applications to travel to the UK must be made in advance online through the TLS Contact website
Should you need to contact UK Visas & Immigration (including status updates, supporting documents and guidance) please visit the UKVI website
If you need to visit us or use our services and feel that they may be inaccessible to you, please contact the corporate services manager, Sašo Gavrič on +386 (0)1 200 39 10 who will try to find an alternative way of providing access for you.