Living in Malta

Guidance on Brexit changes, accessing healthcare, getting a document legalised, English-speaking lawyers and how to vote abroad.

  1. Apply for a European Health Insurance Card

    Apply for or renew your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) online.

  2. Get your document legalised

    Use the online service to get a UK document legalised

  3. Living in Europe

    Information for UK nationals living in the EU, EEA EFTA, Switzerland and Ireland, including guidance on residency, healthcare and the Withdrawal Agreement.

  4. Living in Malta

    Official information for UK nationals moving to or living in Malta, including guidance on residency, passports and driving and the Withdrawal Agreement.

  5. Malta travel advice

    Latest travel advice for Malta including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings and health

  6. Malta: lawyers

    List of English-speaking lawyers and translators/interpreters for British nationals in Malta.

  7. Malta: medical facilities and practitioners

    List of English-speaking medical facilities and practitioners in Malta.

  8. Support for British nationals abroad: A guide

    This guide highlights some of the main ways you can help yourself stay safe abroad and what help the FCO can provide.

  9. UK benefits if you're going or living abroad

    Find out what benefits you might be able to receive while you're abroad and how to export them from the UK or claim them while abroad

  10. Voting if you move or live abroad

    How to vote if you move or live abroad, including eligibility and registration