You could get Working Tax Credit if either of the following apply:
- you’re aged from 16 to 24 and have a child or a qualifying disability
- you’re 25 or over, with or without children
- work a certain number of hours a week
- get paid for the work you do (or expect to)
- have an income below a certain level
The basic amount of Working Tax Credit is up to £1,960 a year - you could get more (or less) depending on your circumstances and income.
You can apply for Working Tax Credit even if you do not have children or you’re on leave or about to start a new job.
You cannot claim tax credits and Universal Credit at the same time.