War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation Tribunal

Skip to contents of guide

If you lose your appeal

You can ask the tribunal for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber) if you lose your appeal.

You must ask for permission to appeal within 6 weeks of getting the decision.

The Upper Tribunal will look at the case to see if the original decision was correct.

Reasons for appealing

You can only appeal if you think the decision was wrong for a legal reason, including if the tribunal did not:

  • follow the right procedures - for example it did not tell you in time about the hearing
  • give proper reasons for its decision, or back up the decision with facts
  • apply the law properly

Before appealing, ask the original tribunal for the written statement of reasons for its decision.

Contact the Upper Tribunal

Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber)
Telephone: 020 7911 5662
Fax: 0870 324 0028
Typetalk: 18001 020 7071 5662
Find out about call charges

Upper Tribunal (Administrative Appeals Chamber)
5th Floor Rolls Building
7 Rolls Buildings
Fetter Lane