If you need to pay tax on your company car, you can use this service to:
- check your company car’s details
- tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about any changes to your car since 6 April
- update your fuel benefit, if your employer pays for fuel
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
- the car’s list price (including VAT and accessories)
- to check if your diesel car meets Euro 6d standard
- CO2 emissions information
- the zero emission mileage figure or ‘electric range’ - if your hybrid car has a CO2 emission figure of 1 to 50g/km
You can get this information from your employer.
Before you start
When you cannot use this service
You cannot use this service if:
- you’re part of a car averaging or car sharing scheme
- your employer is managing benefits and expenses through the company payroll (known as ‘payrolling’)
- you want to make updates for a company commercial vehicle, such as a van
Contact HMRC or your employer to update your details if you cannot do it online.
Check your tax code
Updating your company car details may change your tax code.