Check or update your company car tax

If you need to pay tax on your company car, you can use this service to:

  • check your company car’s details
  • tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about any changes to your car since 6 April
  • update your fuel benefit, if your employer pays for fuel

This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

You’ll need:

  • the car’s list price (including VAT and accessories)
  • to check if your diesel car meets Euro 6d standard
  • CO2 emissions information
  • the zero emission mileage figure or ‘electric range’ - if your hybrid car has a CO2 emission figure of 1 to 50g/km

You can get this information from your employer.

Start now

Before you start

When you cannot use this service

You cannot use this service if:

  • you’re part of a car averaging or car sharing scheme
  • your employer is managing benefits and expenses through the company payroll (known as ‘payrolling’)
  • you want to make updates for a company commercial vehicle, such as a van

Contact HMRC or your employer to update your details if you cannot do it online.

Check your tax code

Updating your company car details may change your tax code.