Extend your visa
You can apply to extend your Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Religious Worker) visa.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
You must continue to meet the eligibility rules.
You must apply again if you want to change your job within the same organisation or move to a new organisation.
How long you can stay
You can apply to take your stay in the UK up to a maximum of 24 months, or the time on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days - whichever is shorter.
|Who you’re applying for||Apply online or by post||Apply in person|
|If you’re a citizen of Turkey or Macedonia||£189||£799|
|All dependants||£244 each||£854 each|
How to extend your visa
You should read the full Tier 5 guidance before you apply.
You can either:
If you want to apply in person to get a quick decision, follow the instructions in the online application or form.
You can add dependants to your online application - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
If you apply on the paper form, your dependants need to apply on their own.
You must also provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo).
You can give your biometric information:
- at certain Post Office branches if you applied online (this costs £19.20)
- at a premium service centre if you applied in person
You’ll get a biometric residence permit if your application to extend your visa is successful.
Get help completing the online form
You can get help over the phone or in person if you either:
- don’t have access to a computer
- don’t have the skills or confidence to fill in the online form
You can’t get immigration advice through this service.
How long it takes
A decision will be made:
- within 8 weeks for online and postal applications
- usually on the same day if you use the premium service
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example because:
- your supporting documents need to be verified
- you need to attend an interview
- of your personal circumstances (for example if you have a criminal conviction)
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.