Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Employing an apprentice
4. Make an apprenticeship agreement
You must sign an apprenticeship agreement with your apprentice.
This gives details of what you agree to do for the apprentice, including:
- how long you’ll employ them for
- the training you’ll give them
- their working conditions
- the qualifications they are working towards
You can write your own apprentice agreement or download an apprenticeship agreement template.
You must also sign a commitment statement with your apprentice and the training organisation.
It must include:
- the planned content and schedule for training
- what is expected and offered by the employer, the training organisation and the apprentice
- how to resolve queries or complaints