4. Make an apprenticeship agreement
You must sign an apprenticeship agreement with your apprentice.
This gives details of what you agree to do for the apprentice, including:
- how long you’ll employ them for
- the training you’ll give them
- their working conditions
- the qualifications they are working towards
You can write your own apprentice agreement or download an apprenticeship agreement template.
You must also sign a commitment statement with your apprentice and the training organisation.
It must include:
- the planned content and schedule for training
- what is expected and offered by the employer, the training organisation and the apprentice
- how to resolve queries or complaints