Use this service to:
- find out when your VAT returns are due
- send an Annual Accounting Scheme VAT return if your accounting period started before 1 November 2022
- set up a Direct Debit to pay VAT
- view your payments and how much you owe
- check and appeal penalties
- report changes to your business
- cancel your VAT registration
You cannot use this service to submit a quarterly VAT return.
Before you start
To use this service you need:
- a VAT number
- a Government Gateway user ID and password
You get these when you register for VAT.
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Other VAT services
You can also log in to your VAT online account to:
- submit an EC Sales List (ESL) if you trade from Northern Ireland
- submit a Reverse Charge Sales List (RCSL)
- apply for EU VAT refunds if you trade from Northern Ireland
- tell HMRC you’ve brought a vehicle into the UK using the Notification of Vehicle Arrivals (NOVA) service
- make corrections to your VAT MOSS (Mini One Stop Shop) scheme registration information
Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any problems with this service.