You can download forms and guidance to:

You must send your tax return by the deadline (31 January if you’re sending it online) or you’ll get a penalty.

The main tax return (SA100)

Everyone who needs to do a Self Assessment tax return must either do it online or fill in form SA100.

If you need help you can:

Only fill in the short tax return (SA200) if HMRC sends it to you. You can’t download it, but you can read the guidance notes.

Extra sections

You might need to fill in more sections, known as ‘supplementary pages’, if you’re telling HMRC about these types of income:

Check the full list of supplementary pages to make sure you fill in the right sections if you’re sending your return by post.

If you’re sending a tax return for the 2010 to 2011 tax year or earlier, get forms from the National Archive.

Sending a tax return if you’re not an individual

There are special forms if you’re sending a tax return for a business partnership or non-resident company, or if you’re a trustee.

Type of tax return Forms and guidance notes
Non-resident companies SA700
Partnership SA800 (including supplementary pages)
Trust and estate SA900 (including supplementary pages)
Trustees of registered pension schemes SA970

If you need help you can: