Skip to main content

Register to vote Register by 18 June to vote in the General Election on 4 July.

Business regulation

Guidance and regulation

1,449 results sorted by Most viewed
  • What to do before you apply, and how to apply for a licence yourself or through your employer.

  • Find out what you need to do to renew your SIA licence.

  • Information on the different types of alcohol licences available and guidance on how to apply for them.

  • Find out if you need to use the UKCA (UK Conformity Assessed) marking on products you manufacture or handle.

  • Overview of the vehicle operator licensing system.

  • Information about licence-linked qualifications, the awarding organisations that offer these qualifications, and how to find an approved training provider.

  • The different types of SIA licence, and which job activities need a licence.

  • List of trade mark forms and fees.

  • Use this service to find goods and services that would be acceptable as part of a UK trade mark application.

  • The conditions you must follow if you hold an SIA licence, and the penalties you may face for not doing so.

  • How a product complies with EU safety, health and environmental requirements, and how to place a CE marking on your product.

  • How to check if your criminal record will affect your licence application, and the information you need to provide for our criminality checks.

  • Guidance for employers on gender pay gap reporting, including preparing your data and making your calculations.

  • Check if you need to apply for an environmental permit, formerly known as a flood defence consent, and get the forms you need.

  • Where to get training and advice on counter-terrorism if you work in the private security industry.

  • Find out the information you must give to customers on food products and how to give it.

  • Information on OPSS product safety alerts, reports and recalls for unsafe products and resources for consumers, businesses and regulators.

  • How to register an overseas entity and its beneficial owners or managing officers, so it can buy, sell or transfer property or land in the UK.

  • Learn more about the circumstances that can lead to a licence holder losing their licence, either permanently or temporarily.

  • Details of the exceptions to copyright that allow limited use of copyright works without the permission of the copyright owner.