Extend your visa
You can apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Representative of an Overseas Business visa.
You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
You must already have this visa as either:
- a representative of an overseas business
- an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation
You must also meet the following conditions:
- you’re still working for the same employer as when you were issued your previous visa
- you’ve established, and are supervising, a UK branch or subsidiary of the overseas business
- your employer’s principal place of business is still outside the UK
You must be in the UK to extend your visa.
How long you can stay
A Representative of an Overseas Business visa can be extended for up to 2 years after the original visa duration of 3 years.
Your visa can be extended for 3 years if your previous Representative of an Overseas Business visa was issued before 1 October 2009.
You can apply to settle once you have been in the UK for 5 years and you have an ongoing job with the same company.
For each person applying, you’ll need to pay:
- £704 to extend this visa
- the healthcare surcharge - check how much you’ll have to pay
- £19.20 to have your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken
How to extend your visa
You must apply online.
Providing biometric information and supporting documents
When you apply, you’ll be asked to make an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point to provide your biometric information (your fingerprints and a photo).
You’ll also need to submit your supporting documents. You can:
- upload them into the online service
- have them scanned at your UKVCAS appointment
You must not travel outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man until you get a decision. Your application will be withdrawn if you do.
Get help to apply online
You can get help with completing the online form if you:
- do not feel confident using a computer or mobile device
- do not have internet access
You can only use this service if you’re applying to extend your visa in the UK.
You cannot get immigration advice through this service.
How long it takes
A decision will be made within 8 weeks.
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example:
- if your supporting documents need to be verified
- if you need to attend an interview
- because of your personal circumstances (for example if you have a criminal conviction)
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.