Examples of abuse include:
- not caring for someone properly (neglect)
- pressuring someone to give away money or property
- psychological (eg threats, harassment or forcing someone to live somewhere they don’t want to)
- physical (eg violence)
Call 999 if you are reporting a crime that is in progress or if someone is in immediate danger.
Care homes and home carers
Contact the local council if you’re concerned about:
- someone not being treated properly in a care home
- someone being mistreated by a carer
NHS hospital or clinic care
Contact the manager of the hospital or clinic if you’re worried about someone.
Help and advice
If you want to discuss your concerns and get some advice, contact Action on Elder Abuse.
Action on Elder Abuse helpline
Telephone: 0808 808 8141
Find out about call charges