Register as a British citizen

6. Children born outside the UK

You may be able to apply for your child (under 18 years of age) to be registered as a British citizen, for example if you’re a British citizen but your child was born or adopted outside the UK.

The application must be received when your child is under 18.

Apply using form MN1. Read the guidance before you apply.

You must apply to register in a different way for children: