Undocumented Commonwealth citizens resident in the UK

Information about what undocumented long-term residents of the UK need to do to obtain documents showing their status here.



This page provides more information for Commonwealth citizens in the UK who may not have documents demonstrating their right to be here (known as ‘Windrush’ cases). It sets out a series of scenarios which may be relevant to you, provides links to forms and guidance as well as information about what evidence can be provided as part of your application and contact information.

Freephone: 0800 678 1925

Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm

Sunday 10am to 4pm


Published 13 April 2018
Last updated 19 April 2018 + show all updates
  1. New freephone number added.
  2. Contact telephone number added.
  3. First published.