Get insurance

You can:

  • find lower-cost home insurance through Flood Re if you’re in a flood-risk area
  • get insurance advice from the National Flood Forum
  • find a broker that specialises in properties that are difficult to insure

Get evidence of flood risk

Contact the Environment Agency if your insurer asks for evidence of your flood risk.

Environment Agency
Telephone: 03708 506 506
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

You’ll get a letter within 20 days. It’s free for individuals and businesses.

If you’ve done work on your property

You or a surveyor can complete a Flood Risk Report. This will tell insurers or buyers how the work has reduced the flood risk.