This guide is for people who are looking for a house or flat to rent.
PDF, 1.04MB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide is for tenants and landlords in the private rented sector to help them understand their rights and responsibilities. It provides a checklist and more detailed information on each stage of the process, including:
- what to look out for before renting
- living in a rented home
- what happens at the end of a tenancy
- what to do if things go wrong
Published: 10 June 2014
Updated: 1 February 2016
- Updated the How to Rent guide.
- Updated with the latest edition of this guide
- Added updated guide.
- Added information about Acrobat Reader download
- First published.