Nominate someone to collect State Pension

Contact your account provider to nominate someone to collect your State Pension.

Most banks, building societies or other account providers allow a third party access to your account, eg with a second card.

Contact your bank, building society or other account provider for more information.

Lasting power of attorney

You can appoint one or more people to make decisions about money and property for you, including collecting your State Pension. This is known as making a lasting power of attorney (LPA).

To make an LPA, you must be:

  • over 18
  • able to make your own decisions (have ‘mental capacity’)

There’s a different process if you want to collect State Pension on behalf of someone who can’t make their own decisions.