Contact the National Concessionary Fuel Office (NCFO) to check if you’re eligible - you usually are if you’re an ex-employee of the National Coal Board (NCB) or British Coal Corporation (BCC).
Widows and widowers of ex-employees may also qualify.
Change of circumstances
Your allowance might be affected if your circumstances change, including:
- who owns or rents your property changes
- you change your heating arrangements
- you remarry, marry or move in with a partner (widows, widowers and dependents only)
- who lives in your home changes (family or lodgers moving in)
- you take up employment or self-employment
You need to inform the NCFO of any changes in circumstances as your allowance can change. If your allowance goes down, any overpayments must be repaid in full.