Use this service to:
- renew your tax credits, if you’ve received your renewal pack in the post
- tell the Tax Credit Office about changes to your circumstances, for example you get married or your working hours change
- find out how much and when you’ll be paid
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Start now on the Tax Credits service
Before you start
If you’re signing in to the service for the first time, you’ll need:
- a Government Gateway account - if you do not already have an account, you’ll get one when you sign in to the service
- a permanent National Insurance number
You also need to prove your identity. You can use one of the following as proof:
- your bank account details
- your P60
- your 3 most recent payslips
- your passport number and expiry date
Signing in will also activate your personal tax account - you can use this to check and manage your HM Revenue and Customs records.
Renewing your tax credits
You can no longer renew your tax credits for the 2017 to 2018 tax year.
Contact HMRC if any of the following apply:
- you’ve missed the deadline
- you estimated any income when you renewed and need to report your actual income - the deadline is 31 January
- you renewed and there’s a mistake on your award notice
You’ll need your National Insurance number and your renewal pack, if you have it.