Use this service to:
- tell the Tax Credit Office about changes to your circumstances, for example if you’ve moved house
- find out how much and when you’ll be paid
Start now on the Tax Credits service
Before you start
If you’re signing in to the service for the first time, you’ll need:
- a Government Gateway account - if you don’t already have an account, you’ll get one when you sign in to the service
- a permanent National Insurance number
You also need to prove your identity. You can use one of the following as proof:
- your bank account details
- your P60
- your 3 most recent payslips
- your passport number and expiry date
Signing in will also activate your personal tax account - you can use this to check and manage your HM Revenue and Customs records.
Renewing your tax credits
You can no longer renew your tax credits for the 2016 to 2017 tax year.