Use this service to:
- renew your tax credits, if you’ve received your renewal pack in the post
- tell the Tax Credit Office about changes to your circumstances, for example you get married or your working hours change
- find out how much and when you’ll be paid
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Start now on the Tax Credits service
Before you start
If you’re signing in to the service for the first time, you’ll need:
- a Government Gateway account - if you do not already have an account, you’ll get one when you sign in to the service
- a permanent National Insurance number
You also need to prove your identity. You can use one of the following as proof:
- your bank account details
- your P60
- your 3 most recent payslips
- your passport number and expiry date
Signing in will also activate your personal tax account - you can use this to check and manage your HM Revenue and Customs records.
Renewing your tax credits
You can use this service to renew your tax credits after you’ve received your renewal pack in the post. You’ll need:
- your National Insurance number
- details about any changes to your circumstances
- you and your partner’s income for the last tax year (6 April 2017 to 5 April 2018)
Renew your tax credits by 31 July 2018.
If you have not received your renewal pack by 26 June 2018, call the tax credits helpline.