Manage your vehicle operator licence

Update your heavy goods vehicle (HGV) or public service vehicle (PSV) operator’s licence, for example to:

  • add more vehicles to your licence
  • increase the vehicle limit on your licence
  • add or remove a transport manager
  • change your licence type
  • give up (‘surrender’) your licence

You can also order a replacement licence.

Start now

Before you start

You need:

  • a debit or credit card to pay any application or licence fees
  • your username and password if you’ve used the service before

You can register in the service if you’ve not used it before.

You have to apply by post if you want to transfer an operating centre to another licence.

Get help with managing your operator licence

If you live in England, Scotland or Wales and you cannot use the online service, contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help with updating your operator licence.

DVSA customer service centre
Telephone: 0300 123 9000
Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

If you live in Northern Ireland, contact the Transport Regulation Unit to get help updating your operator licence.

Transport Regulation Unit
Telephone: 0300 200 7831
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges