Use this service to apply for:
- a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) operator’s licence
- a public service vehicle (PSV) operator’s licence
- an interim operator licence
You can also pay any application or licence fees.
You’ll usually get a decision within 7 weeks if you apply online, but it can take longer.
Before you start
- a debit or credit card
- your username and password if you’ve used the service before
You can register in the service if you’ve not used it before.
Other ways to apply
Download and fill in:
- form GV79 to apply for an HGV operator licence in England, Scotland and Wales, or form GV(NI)79 in Northern Ireland
- form PSV421 to apply for a PSV operator licence
- form PSV356 to apply for a special restricted PSV operator licence, if you’re a licensed taxi (Hackney Carriage) or private hire vehicle operator
- form INT1 to apply for an interim licence
Send your completed form to the Office of the Traffic Commissioner (OTC). The address is on the form.
You’ll usually get a decision within 9 weeks if you apply by post, but it can take longer.