You can take court action against someone if they owe you money and won’t pay you back.

You need a Government Gateway ID, which you can get when you register for this service.

It takes about 30 minutes to submit your claim.

Start now on the Money Claim Online website

How to use Money Claim Online

Read the Money Claim Online instructions for help.

Pay the court fee

You have to pay a court fee, using a debit or credit card.

You can’t use the online service if you need help to pay the court fee because you’re on a low income or certain benefits. You will need to apply by post.

What you can claim for

You can use this service to claim:

  • for a fixed sum under £100,000
  • against no more than 2 people or organisations

You must be over 18 to use the service.

You can use the service from anywhere in the UK, but only against someone with an address in England or Wales.

What you can’t claim for

You can’t use this service to:

Help and advice

Money Claim Online helpdesk
Telephone: 0300 123 1057
Telephone: 01604 619 402
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

You can apply by post.

Fill in a claim form and return it to the address below with the correct fee.

County Court Money Claims Centre
PO Box 527
M5 0BY

County Court Money Claims Centre
Telephone: 0300 123 1372
Fax: 0161 743 4023
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
Find out about call charges