You can take court action against someone if they owe you money and won’t pay you back.
You need a Government Gateway ID, which you can get when you register for this service.
It takes about 30 minutes to submit your claim.
Start now on the Money Claim Online website
How to use Money Claim Online
Read the Money Claim Online instructions for help.
Pay the court fee
You have to pay a court fee, using a debit or credit card.
You can’t use the online service if you need help to pay the court fee because you’re on a low income or certain benefits.
What you can claim for
You can use this service to claim:
- for a fixed sum under £100,000
- against no more than 2 people or organisations
You must be over 18 to use the service.
You can use the service from anywhere in the UK, but only against someone with an address in England or Wales.
What you can’t claim for
You can’t use this service to:
- make a claim against a government department or agency
- get compensation for an accident or injury
- get your tenancy deposit back from your landlord