Learner Support

Skip to contents of guide


To get Learner Support you must be:

  • 19 or over
  • studying at a learning provider funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (check with your college)

You must be 20 or over to get help with childcare costs. If you’re 19, apply for Care to Learn instead.

You can apply even if you get other types of funding, for example:

  • Professional and Career Development Loans
  • Care to Learn
  • Disability Living Allowance

Who can’t apply

You can’t claim if you’re:

  • getting student finance for higher education
  • on a Community Learning course