Savings, investments and pensions

You should keep all:

  • bank or building society statements and passbooks
  • statements of interest and income from your savings and investments
  • tax deduction certificates from your bank
  • dividend vouchers you get from UK companies
  • unit trust tax vouchers
  • documents that show the profits you’ve made from life insurance policies (called ‘chargeable event certificates’)
  • details of income you get from a trust
  • details of any out-of-the ordinary income you’ve received, like an inheritance

Pension information

You should keep:

  • form P160 (Part 1A) which you got when your pension started
  • form P60 which your pension provider sends you every year
  • any other details of a pension (including State Pension) and the tax deducted from it