Annul a marriage

Apply for an annulment

You can apply to get a marriage annulled any time after the wedding.

To annul a marriage, fill in a nullity petition.

Refer to the guidance notes on completing a nullity petition.

Send 2 copies of the form to your nearest divorce court, and keep your own copy.

Filing a nullity petition form costs £550.

You may be able to get help with court fees if you’re on benefits or a low income.