Apply to annul your marriage or civil partnership: Form D8N

Apply to end your marriage or civil partnership because it is not valid (‘void’) or because it is otherwise defective (‘voidable’).


Application form: D8N

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Published 1 November 2014
Last updated 25 July 2023 + show all updates
  1. Removed a line from the notes of the English form regarding genders of the parties to a civil partnership

  2. Uploaded new D8N

  3. Uploaded a new version of D8N.

  4. Uploaded new version of form

  5. Revised forms D8N and D8N notes uploaded.

  6. First published.