Annul a marriage

Apply for a decree nisi

The other person must respond to your nullity petition within 8 days, saying if they agree the marriage should be annulled.

If they agree, you can apply for a ‘decree nisi’. This will confirm that the court does not see any reason why the marriage cannot be annulled.

To get a decree nisi, fill in the application for decree nisi or conditional order.

Statement in support of annulment

You must also fill in a statement confirming that what you said in your nullity petition is true.

Use one of the forms below, depending on whether your marriage is ‘void’ or ‘voidable’:

See when you can annul a marriage for the difference between ‘void’ and ‘voidable’ marriages.