Claims - work lists (VFs - miscellaneous): Verification Failures - identify VF Rules 3, 4, 5 linked to renewals (AG)
When working verification failures rules 3, 4 and 5, this guidance is to assist you in identifying cases where a new claim has been submitted instead of the customer returning the Annual Declaration. The cases affected will be held on a separate MU.
To identify cases where a new claim has been submitted, instead of the customer returning the Annual Declaration, consider steps 1 to 4.
Before you continue with the guidance, follow the guidance in TCM0138020
then, if you can continue
- use Function MAINTAIN WORKLIST
- select the Verification Failures work list from the Worklist Type drop down menu
- select the office or unit you want from the drop down list for the Management Unit (MU) field, if the one you want isn’t displayed. The screen will be redisplayed with the entries currently on the work list for your MU
- sort and filter the work list by the ‘P’ marker so that all the priority cases are identified. Follow the guidance in TCM0140020
Note: Your manager will be able to provide you with the relevant MU numbers you will need for the verification failure rules 3, 4 and 5.
- go to .
In Function MAINTAIN WORKLIST
- select the entry in the work list you want to work
- select ‘File’ on the toolbar menu
- select ‘Next Function’ from the options available. You will be taken to the Select Next Function screen
- select Function MANAGE VERIFICATION FAILURES
- select [OK]. You will be taken to this function
on the Manage Verification Failures screen, check the ‘Rule No.’ column to check if rule 3, 4 or 5 is displayed
If any of the above verification failure rules are present
- make a note of the customer’s NINO
- select [Cancel]. When the message ‘This Application will not be resubmitted for processing and changes made on this window will not be saved, do you wish to proceed?’ displays
- select ‘Yes’
Use Function VIEW S17 DETAILS
- enter the customer’s NINO in the Key Entry Data screen
- select the ‘All’ checkbox
- select [OK]. You will be taken to the Select S17 Period screen
Note: If you are taken to the Select Individual or Select Household screens, look for the latest household prior to the new claim. Once established, select the individual or household and then select [OK]. You will then be taken to the Select S17 Period screen.
- select the previous year (PY) claim
- select [OK]. You will be taken to the Current Position screen
is there an issued date in the S17 Notices field?
On the Current Position screen, is the status of the renewal ‘S17 Not Served On Household’?
- yes, continue with the normal verification failure process. Follow the relevant guidance in TCM0076000, TCM0078000 or TCM0080000.
- use Function MAINTAIN WORKLIST
- set an action date on the Verification Failures work list. Use the current action date
Note: If you’re unsure which action date to set, consult your Technical Advice Line Liaison Officer (TALLO) who hold a full list of current action dates.
- transfer the work item to the HSV Vantive - Out of Payment MU, making sure the Retained checkbox is selected. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number
- use Function MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES to enter the following
‘HC33 - Case transferred to out of payment vantive MU’