Claims - work lists (VFs - miscellaneous): Verification Failures - inform DWP or DSD of award details where there is IS, JSA or ESA interest (AG)
Where you are working on the Verification Failures work list and come across a case that has a Temporary Tax Credit Reference Number and Income Support (IS), Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) interest, consider steps 1 to 5.
Use Function CAPTURE APPLICATION and go to the Summary Information screen
- check the Application Notes field to check if the following message has been recorded
‘IS / JSA / ESA* INTEREST NOTIFY DWP/DSD OF AWD DET’ (*delete as appropriate)
* If the message is present, the contact name and phone number for the DWP or DSD officer will also be present. * If the message isn’t present, contact Specialist Trace Unit for the DWP or DSD officer’s contact details.
Complete your action and process the claim as normal, then
- make a note of the claim and set up a clerical BF for one day.
On expiry of the BF use Function VIEW APPLICATION and check the status of the claim.
- If the status is ‘Award Issued’, go to .
- If the status is ‘Awaiting Award’, go to .
Contact the DWP or DSD officer and give them the details of the award
- send confirmation of the award details by fax to the officer you have contacted
Note: You must still inform DWP or DSD where the case is a nil award.
your fax should be in the following format
* use an HMRC letterhead (fax cover sheet) * identity details of the DWP or DSD contact * your details (name and contact numbers) * the relevant customer names, NINOs and/or Temporary Tax Credit Reference Numbers * the tax credits award start date * the tax credits award amount - CTC (including childcare element of WTC) and/or WTC.
Use Function MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES
- Enter the following message
‘TCMZ IS / JSA / ESA* INTEREST DWP / DSD NOTIFIED OF AWD DET’ (*delete as appropriate).