Claims - work lists (VFs - miscellaneous): Verification Failures - inform DWP or DSD of award details where there is IS, JSA or ESA interest (AG)
Where you are working on the Verification Failures work list and come across a case that has a Temporary Tax Credit Reference Number and Income Support (IS), Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) interest, consider steps 1 to 5.
Use Function CAPTURE APPLICATION and go to the Summary Information screen
- check the Application Notes field to check if the following message has been recorded
‘IS / JSA / ESA* INTEREST NOTIFY DWP/DSD OF AWD DET’ (*delete as appropriate)
* If the message is present, the contact name and phone number for the DWP or DSD officer will also be present. * If the message isn’t present, contact Specialist Trace Unit for the DWP or DSD officer’s contact details.
Complete your action and process the claim as normal, then
- make a note of the claim and set up a clerical BF for one day.
On expiry of the BF use Function VIEW APPLICATION and check the status of the claim.
Contact the DWP or DSD officer and give them the details of the award
- send confirmation of the award details by fax to the officer you have contacted
Note: You must still inform DWP or DSD where the case is a nil award.
your fax should be in the following format
* use an HMRC letterhead (fax cover sheet) * identity details of the DWP or DSD contact * your details (name and contact numbers) * the relevant customer names, NINOs and/or Temporary Tax Credit Reference Numbers * the tax credits award start date * the tax credits award amount - CTC (including childcare element of WTC) and/or WTC.
Use Function MAINTAIN HOUSEHOLD NOTES
- Enter the following message
‘TCMZ IS / JSA / ESA* INTEREST DWP / DSD NOTIFIED OF AWD DET’ (*delete as appropriate).