Claims - rejecting: Rejecting a claim during capture (Info)
Claims for tax credits which haven’t been submitted for processing can be rejected during the capture process where the
- claim has failed eligibility rules
- claim has appeared on the Incomplete Applications work list for more than 28 days and information is still outstanding to fully capture the claim.
Where you are aware that the customer fails eligibility you must still enter all the remaining information from the claim form prior to rejecting it.
When you submit the claim for processing the computer will automatically prompt you to reject it if
- it is incomplete
- it has failed on eligibility grounds.
If you confirm that the claim is to be rejected, the computer will
- reject the claim
- issue a Rejection Notice to the customer.
Note: If one of the following messages appears at the end of your action, you must pass the claim to your manager for an additional quality check before you process the claim
- ‘The information captured is incomplete. This application will be rejected’
- ‘The information captured indicates that the application may be ineligible. This application may be rejected’.
There is an Action Guide for this subject, select TCM0070060 to access it