This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Tax Credits Manual

Claims: capture (A-C): cross-border claims (Info)

A cross-border / overseas case could be one of the following

  • overseas citizens and non-UK nationals applying top-ups
  • overseas UK national Ministry Of Defence (MoD) employees
  • UK nationals personnel and their families overseas (non-MoD).

If you receive a cross-border claim (that is, from a customer who is living or working outside the UK) you must

  • log the initial details of the claim in Function CAPTURE APPLICATION
  • transfer the claim to the International Team Management Unit (MU). Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number
  • send any casepapers to the International Team(This content has been withheld because of exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act 2000) . Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number.

Note: To transfer a claim, follow the guidance in TCM0140120.