Customer Engagement: Other Government Departments and Agencies
Shared Workspace can be used for working with Other Government Departments (OGDs) and Agencies.
When using Shared Workspace with OGDs it is important to note that HMRC remain the service owners.
Please find below some key points that need to be considered when using the service with OGDs,
- HMRC must be involved in the collaboration between the OGDs. This means Shared Workspace cannot be used for collaboration between OGDs that excludes HMRC.
- HMRC must appoint HMRC Business Authorising Officers (BAOs) SW05220 for each SW Room used by OGDs and the BAOs must be HMRC staff.
- Before collaboration is allowed, an appropriate OGD representative must approve the Data Usage Agreement as ‘Data Recipient’ SW03510.
- OGDs are classified as Customer Organisations by the service and as such OGD members need to comply with the corresponding customer processes including Registration and Enrolment SW05230.
- OGD members must comply with the services Terms and Conditions SW03260 and linked Security SW03000 policies.
- OGDs must nominate a Customer Organisation Representative SW09120 and Customer Nominated Contacts SW04520 for each Government Department using the service.
- Exceptionally a single OGD may act as the main Customer Organisation on behalf of various OGDs. This is most likely to happen when cross-governmental work is being conducted and a single OGD is co-ordinating the activities on behalf of multiple OGDs.
- OGDs must be registered using their full Departmental name and prefixed with OGD i.e. OGD Ministry of Defence or OGD HM Treasury. For related information see Organisation Naming Convention SW09230.
- All member roles being added to a Room involving OGDs must be prefixed with OGD for example OGD DWP (CNC) or OGD MOD (Participant). For related information see Member Roles SW05600.
For more information on how to use Shared Workspace OGD members should follow the guidance relating to Customers as outlined within this manual.