Using Shared Workspace: Adding Information to a Room
To maintain the reputation and integrity of Shared Workspace all members must abide by strict rules on what information can be added to a Room and what information must not be added to a Room.
Only information meeting all the following criteria can be added to a Room
- The protective marking for HMRC information must be no greater than Official Sensitive in the Government Security Classification System (GCS). Information about the GCS is here.
- The information must be business related and meet with the purpose of the Room.
- The information is not inappropriate SW03350.
- Files that run executable programmes e.g. with the suffix .exe must not be downloaded into Shared Workspace.
- Microsoft Access Databases SW07570 are automatically prevented from being loaded into Shared Workspace because they have the potential to significantly slow down the HMRC Online Service.
- All Customer members must comply with the HMRC Online Services Terms and Conditions SW03260 that your organisation has agreed to follow.
- All HMRC members must follow the Departmental guidelines on the HMRC Acceptable Use Policy.
- It is the member’s responsibility to consider the suitability of all material they add to or create in a Room SW03350.