Individual records: re-issue correspondence: re-issue a letter or form
This section provides details of how to review the information you receive and arrange for an individual letter or form to be issued or re-issued using either the PAYE Service or the OCA Forms and Letters facility.
You will be alerted to the need to re-issue a letter or form by one of the following
- Work item 215 when RLS is updated and there are suspended forms to review
- Request to re-issue a letter or form from the individual, agent or capacitor
- An eForm notification from another office
Work item 215 - RLS updated - review automated outputs
When the RLS indicator is set the PAYE Service suspends the issue of any automatically issued form.
Where automatic output has not been issued and a new address is traced and amended in accordance with Action guide tax40006 a work item 215 is generated.
From April 2012, the following forms will automatically be considered for re-issue where the RLS indicator is removed (PAYE106001)
Work Item 215 will continue to be produced for P800.
The work item alerts you that automated output has previously not been issued due to the presence of the RLS indicator. The work item will enable you to consider whether any suspended forms should be re-issued, see SPD 4f and /or SPD 4g.
Note: If a reconciliation that results in a repayment has been suspended because the address is RLS the form P800T will not be listed on work item 215. In addition to re-issuing the forms listed on the work item, the Reconciliation Summary screen must be reviewed to see if there are any repayments outstanding and if so the reconciliation re-issued in accordance with SPD 4f.
Request for a letter or form to be issued
You may also receive a request for a letter or form to be re-issued from the following
- An individual, agent or capacitor
- An eForm from another office
Where you consider that the letter or form should be re-issued then you should issue this using the PAYE Service.
Re-issue PAYE Service form
The PAYE Service can be used to re-issue any of the following forms available in the service when required
Notes and accompaniments
Print Services will include a copy of the following notes with the posting when any of the appropriate forms are issued by the PAYE Service
- 575 Notes
- P800 (Notes)
- P810 (Notes)
- R40 notes
‘Issue form’ screen details
The ‘issue form’ screen provides the following lists
- Suspended forms - Name of form, date suspended and whether sent to individual, agent or capacitor. These are shown in date suspended order
- Recently sent forms - Name of form, date output was generated and whether sent to individual, agent or capacitor. These are shown in date generated order
- A drop down to select the form to be issued
- A [submit] button to generate a request for the form selected in the drop down to be issued
- A [clear suspended forms] button to delete the visible entries on the suspended list following review
The suspended forms list displays in date order, most recent first, up to eight automatically generated forms where the issue was suspended. Any additional suspended forms will be displayed after the page in view has been deleted.
Issue of letters and forms from PAYE Service
When the [submit] button is selected either
- The letter or form requested is produced and issued by Print Services
- An additional screen is displayed to enable you to provide additional information before the form is produced and issued
The PAYE Service can only issue a form when all the necessary information is correct. If any information is incorrect then an error message will be displayed, more details of these error messages are given in SPD 4f (PDF 38KB).
Contact History updates
When a form is issued from the PAYE Service, details are automatically added to the Contact History screen, for more information see PAYE105010.
Issue OCA generated letter or form
A selection of letters and forms can be manually issued from the OCA Forms and Letters facility within SEES. When issuing these forms and letters to an individual, the designatory (name, address, NINO and employer reference (Empref)) details contained in the PAYE Service on the ‘output summary’ screen can be copied and pasted onto the OCA document.
You will need to manually complete the designatory details on the OCA document where it is being sent to an agent or capacitor.
You should also check if any of the ‘special output’ indicators within the Individual section are set before proceeding. You should follow the guidance at PAYE103110 if the Welsh indicator has been selected and at PAYE103115 where the Audio, Braille or Large Print indicators are set.
Contact History updates
When a form is issued manually it will be necessary to manually create a Contact History note. Further information about manual creation of Contact History details can be found in Action guide tax40011.