Eligibility and requirements for rainwater goods.
Farmers and other land managers can apply for water grants.
Read the accompanying guidance to find out more about Countryside Stewardship water grants 2015.
How much you’ll get paid
£11.40 per metre.
Where the item is available
This item is available in Catchment Sensitive Farming target areas.
It can only be used:
- on existing buildings without guttering and downpipes or with ones that are no longer serviceable and need to be replaced; and
- in areas that are targeted to reduce water pollution caused by farming.
When this item can’t be used
It can’t be used for guttering and downpipes on proposed new roofs.
How this item will benefit the environment
This item prevents water pollution by allowing clean and dirty water to be kept separate by providing new guttering and downpipes (rainwater goods) to prevent the discharge of clean water onto fouled yard areas.
Applicants must send the following with their application for this item:
- dated photographs of the building; and
- a copy of listed building consent (if applicable).
With permission from Natural England, advice and consent can be received up until 29 May 2015; applicants can discuss this with their local Catchment Sensitive Farming officer.
On the land
Successful applicants will need to:
- install new guttering and downpipes on existing farm yard buildings;
- direct clean water from rainwater goods into a clean water drain; and
- make sure the work meets relevant British Standards - check the most up-to-date standards
Successful applicants will need to keep:
- dated photographs of the completed work (submit with any claim and show on request);
- receipted invoices and bank statements relating to this work; and
- any consents or permissions needed to do the work.
How to carry out this item
The following section gives advice on carrying out this item successfully.
Listed and historic buildings
This item could be detrimental if used close to a historic farmstead or listed building, particularly where there are cobbled surfaces. The nature and historic value of the existing surfaces should be taken into consideration. Get advice if listed building consent is needed.
This item can be used on the same area as the following items:
- RP15 - Concrete yard renewal
- RP19 - First flush rainwater diverters
- RP18 - Storage tanks above ground
- RP17 - Storage tanks underground
- RP14 - Yard - inspection pit
- RP13 - Yard – underground drainage pipework
Follow this simple guide to implementing a water management plan