Standards of service
The service standards you can expect from the social housing regulator.
- ensure we are responsive to individual and organisational needs
- communicate in the most effective way
- value feedback
- minimise burdens on those we regulate
- provide relevant and up to date information
- be clear in our expectations of you
How we communicate
We aim to provide you with clear information, advice and guidance. This may be through:
- phone calls
- information on our website
- social media
- face to face conversations with registered providers
How to contact the regulator
For general enquiries contact the Referrals & Regulatory Enquiries Team:
phone: 0300 1234 500 (option 3)
Homes and Communities Agency
2 Marsham Street
Information we provide
We provide information, advice and guidance to providers in many ways. All of our published information can be found on our website.
We also provide a responsive service, through our Referrals & Regulatory Enquiries Team to ensure that all enquiries received by the regulator are handled efficiently and effectively within 5 working days. If this is not possible an acknowledgement /10 day holding response must be sent within 5 working days.
To help you, we have also listed below our common enquiry topics and statutory processes. Specific contact information and details of services standards for each statutory process is included in the guidance:
- disposal and constitutional consents
- current list of registered providers
- information required from registered providers
- regulatory framework requirements
- regulatory judgements and notices
Our approach to regulation and compliance
We follow government guidance and best practice to deliver better regulation and we try to minimise the regulatory burden on those we regulate. Registered providers must meet our regulatory standards. Full details of our regulatory approach, our approach to compliance, our risk assessment framework and our approach to enforcement can be found in Regulating the Standards.
Feedback on our service
We value comments from you to help us make sure our service is meeting your needs. We would like to hear from you whether your experience of us has been good or in need of improvement. You can provide feedback in the following ways:
- by responding to our consultations
- by emailing comments or compliments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephoning us on 0300 1234 500
- direct to our staff
- through our complaints process
If we have failed to meet your expectations or you have a complaint about our service, please use our corporate complaints process. We will aim to respond to your complaint within 20 working days.
Appeals against our decisions
If you are a registered provider and would like to appeal against our decisions, please refer to our guidance and appeal form.
We will acknowledge that we have received your appeal and will then set a date for the appeals panel to meet. It will meet in private and look at your appeal submission and any material provided by the decision maker. We will send you a response to your appeal within 5 working days from the date of the appeals panel.