Use the claim for Crown Court Defence (CCD) or Crown Court Litigator Fee (CCLF) to submit a litigator's claim for Crown Court work online.
How to submit LGFS claims online
Claims for Crown Court Defence (CCD)
You may submit your LGFS claims online via the claims for Crown Court Defence billing tool (CCD). The intuitive billing tool has been developed as a paperless end-to-end billing application for both the Litigators’ (LGFS) and Advocates’ Graduated Fee Schemes (AGFS).
Benefits for advocates, litigators and support staff include:
- submit Crown Court bills (including evidence submission) directly to LAA online
- immediate bills submission; eradicating postal delays
- reduced postage and printing costs
- online messaging and instant notifications from the processing teams
- no need for a ‘wet’ signature
For help with access
Please visit the CCD FAQs or contact the CCD inbox, requesting details on how to get signed up to the system.
Crown Court Litigators Fee (CCLF)
As a litigator, you also can submit your Crown Court claims using the CCLF system. To access this, sign in to LAA online.
For help with access:
If you make a claim online using the CCLF system, you must also send in a paper copy of the LF1 form to:
2nd Floor, 16 King Street
DX: 10035 NOTTINGHAM-1
There’s plenty of CCLF user guidance available and it’s broken down into 6 areas:
- getting started
- case set up pre-Crown Court means testing
- payments pre-Crown Court means testing
- case set up post-Crown Court means testing
- payments post-Crown Court means testing
- appeal and redetermination process
Litigator fee team
Phone: 0115 852 6000
Queries in relation to claim for Crown Court Defence tool
Published: 1 June 2014
Updated: 23 September 2016
- Crown Court Defence tool information updated.
- First published.