HM Land Registry portal: apply for a full land charges search
How Business e-services customers can apply for a full land charges search through the portal.
Request a full land charges search
Select ‘Land Charges Services’, then ‘Full Search’. You can add up to 6 names for each search, as a combination of either private individuals and companies, or complex names and local authorities.
- Select the type of name or organisation you want to search against using the radio buttons.
- Select ‘Next’.
Enter your details and select counties
- Enter your reference, contact name and telephone number.
- Select the county names you wish to search against using the radio buttons. These may be current or former names, such as South Yorkshire, Yorkshire and York. Select all that apply, up to a maximum of 6 per search. You may need to scroll down the list of counties using the slider bar on the right side of the screen.
- If you need to restart your search, use the ‘New Enquiry’ link.
- Select ‘Next’.
Add details of names to be searched
The counties you have chosen to search against are shown. If incorrect, select ‘New Enquiry’ to begin your search again.
- Use the radio buttons to select which type of name you want to search against. You can add a combination of private individuals and limited companies. If you previously chose ‘Complex names’ or ‘Local authorities’ you can add a combination of those 2 types.
- About the search:
- a maximum of 6 names per search is allowed
- a fee is payable per name searched
- the search will be carried out against all the names that have been entered, so if 2 individuals and 2 companies are entered, the search will be carried out 4 times, each incurring a fee.
Enter the details of the name and the period of years for which you wish the search to be done. Select ‘add’ to include the name in the list of names to be searched.
- The names entered and the period of the search are listed. You can delete names from the list by selecting ‘Remove’.
- When you’ve entered all the names to be searched, select ‘Submit’. By selecting ‘Submit’ you agree to pay the fee stated.
See result as PDF
A message confirms that the certificate of the search result is available.
- Select the link to view a PDF of the certificate of the result of the search. The PDF is available to view for 30 days. You may save the PDF on your computer or print it.
- Select ‘Next’.
View entries or request copies
You can now view or request office copies of the Land Charges entries revealed by the search.
- Select the link to view selected entries or to request office copies.
- If you don’t want to view any entries, select ‘Submit’.
A list of available entries to view are shown.
- Select ‘Show details’ on each entry to see more information.
- Select ‘Hide details’ to minimise the information shown.
- Select the radio button to request an office copy of the selected entry.
- Once you’ve selected all the entries you want to view, select ‘Next’ to return to the previous screen.
To agree to pay the fee for any office copies requested, select ‘Submit’. Confirmation of your request will be shown. Any office copies that have been ordered will be issued by mail/DX.
When you have completed your tasks, select ‘Logout’ at the top of the screen to exit the system securely.