Employers can apply until 17 December 2021 for funding to create jobs for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
Applies to England, Scotland and Wales
If you’re an employer looking to create jobs
Applications to the Kickstart Scheme are closing soon.
After 17 December 2021 you will not be able to:
- apply for a new Kickstart Scheme grant
- add more jobs to an existing grant agreement
We will process applications submitted before this time or that are already in progress.
Employers of all sizes can apply for funding until 17 December 2021 to create jobs for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
The funding covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- associated employer National Insurance contributions
- minimum automatic enrolment pension contributions
If you’re a Kickstart gateway, check the guidance for gateways.