Information about how the Kickstart Scheme closure will affect employers and Kickstart gateways.
Applies to England, Scotland and Wales
Kickstart Scheme applications closed at midday on 17 December 2021 .
It is not possible to:
- apply for a new Kickstart Scheme grant
- add more jobs to an existing grant agreement
If you submitted an application
You should have received a decision on your application. Contact your local or national Kickstart Scheme contact if you have not received a decision.
If your application was successful
You should have:
- signed and returned your grant agreement by 11:59pm on 7 January 2022
- submitted your vacancies to DWP by 11.59pm on 31 January 2022
- started the young person in the job on or before 31 March 2022
- told us by 11:59pm on 30 April 2022 that the young person has started their job
You’ll get funding for 6 months once the young person has started their job.
If your application was not successful
Applications for the Kickstart Scheme closed at midday on 17 December 2021.
Check if you’re eligible for funding from other employment schemes.
Get in touch with the Kickstart Scheme
Contact your local or national Kickstart Scheme contact if you have questions about the Kickstart Scheme.