Guidance for local NHS screening services on how to order and access printed and digital population screening leaflets.
National information leaflets explain screening tests, possible results and follow-up tests for the 11 NHS population screening programmes.
All these leaflets are available in digital HTML format. Some are also available as hard copy printed leaflets which local NHS screening services can order for free.
Digital HTML versions of all the national screening and follow-up information leaflets are available for:
- AAA screening
- bowel cancer screening
- breast screening
- cervical screening
- diabetic eye screening
- antenatal screening
- newborn screening
Local NHS screening services should direct people to the digital leaflet(s) relevant to them.
How to print digital leaflets
A small number of people cannot access digital information. To ensure these people receive the information they need, local services should print out a copy of the appropriate digital HTML leaflet(s).
To print an HTML document:
- Go to the publication you want to print.
- Open the print option window (press Ctrl P or Cmd P to do this).
- Select any appropriate options, such as double-sided printing.
- Press print.
When printing an HTML document, you may want to customise the pages to omit the list of contents and the open government licence information. Any hyperlinks in the HTML document will be written out in full in the printout.
Order printed leaflets
Order printed leaflets directly using the APS online ordering portal.
To order leaflets for free, you must confirm you are:
- a local provider or call/recall service for an NHS screening programme in England
- complying with NHS England screening service specifications
- not stockpiling leaflets
Orders of free printed leaflets are limited to one copy per individual.
Local screening providers and call/recall services for NHS screening programmes must use nationally developed information resources to comply with national service specifications.
Printed leaflets available to order
See the APS online ordering portal to view the PDF artwork of all the printed national screening leaflets available to order for free.
Leaflets available to order are:
- Breast screening: helping you decide
- Bowel cancer screening: helping you decide
- Bowel cancer screening: having a colonoscopy
- Cervical screening: helping you decide
- Cervical screening: having a colposcopy
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening invitation leaflet
- Your guide to diabetic eye screening
- CVS and amniocentesis: information for parents
- Screening tests for you and your baby
Contact the national print provider
Order leaflets directly using the APS online ordering portal: https://phe-screening.theapsgroup.com.
If you have any problems ordering from the site, please call or email.
Allow 10 working days for leaflets to arrive after placing an order.
Contact the PHE Screening helpdesk with any queries about this guidance, making sure you include its full title.