These apprenticeship funding rules apply to employer-providers.
These are the latest rules (1 August 2019 to 31 July 2020)
If the apprenticeship started before 1 August 2019, view the funding rules for previous years.
Sign up for email alerts for changes to the apprenticeships funding topic page.
- Introduction and purpose of the document What the rules cover and definitions of terms.
- Programme eligibility What employers, providers and apprentices must do and can expect from an apprenticeship. Includes what an apprenticeship is, contracts, pay, recognition of prior learning, and training.
- Who can be funded? How to work out who can get apprenticeship funding. Includes financial support for apprentices with additional learning needs.
- What can be funded? What you can pay for with apprenticeship funds. Includes English and maths training, support for care leavers and end-point assessments.
- Contracting and subcontracting Responsibilities of employer-providers and their subcontractors
- Paying for an apprenticeship When providers will receive payments, reporting requirements and agreeing a price. Includes employer contribution towards training (co-investment) and VAT.
- Apprenticeships funded by transfers of levy funds Sending and receiving apprenticeship levy funds.
- Delivering the apprenticeship Data protection and apprenticeship completion certificates.
- Changes of circumstances Changes of provider and changes in an apprentice’s personal or employment circumstances. Includes how these changes affect apprenticeship funding.
- Evidence requirements Evidence that providers must maintain for each apprenticeship.
- Annex A: Eligibility criteria (who we fund) Who can apply for apprenticeship funding. Includes criteria for residency and citizenship.
- Glossary Definitions of terms.
- Contact us How to get help, support and send feedback.