Find out how to apply for approval to get an agent services account, if your agent business is based outside the UK.
You must apply to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) for approval before you can create an agent services account, if:
- your agent business is based outside the UK
- you want to access new HMRC online services
- you want to use software to communicate directly with HMRC on behalf of your clients
Who can apply
You can apply if:
- your agent business complies with Anti Money Laundering Supervision registration or similar regulations in your country
- the person applying is a director or senior officer of the business
What you will need
You will need your:
- full name
- job title
- business trading name
- telephone number
- email address
- main trading address, which cannot be a PO Box or third party address
You may also need:
- any HMRC agent codes you have
- your UK National Insurance number or Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (if you have one)
- your company registration number or equivalent (if you have one)
- any business tax references you have in your own country
How to apply
You’ll need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you use the service.
You will not be able to save your progress so have all your information together before you start your application.
Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any problems with this service.
You can also check the progress of your application.
What happens next
HMRC will tell you within 28 days if your application has been approved, and what you need to do to set up your agent services account.
If your application is rejected we will tell you why.