Changes to your circumstances
If your circumstances change, your entitlement to Guardian’s Allowance could be affected or your payments could stop.
You must report changes straight away. You can do this online if:
- the child goes to live with someone else
- you go abroad, either temporarily (for more than 8 weeks), or permanently (for more than 1 year)
- the child leaves full-time education or approved training
- your bank or contact details change
- you find out where the surviving parent is
- the surviving parent comes out of hospital or prison (or has their sentence shortened)
- the surviving parent makes a payment towards their child’s upkeep
You can also report a change of circumstance by phone or post.