The British High Commission in Suva is accredited to Fiji, Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Tonga and Tuvalu.

We offer a wide range of services that include providing consular assistance to UK nationals, facilitating visa applications for those who want to visit the UK, funding for Projects, scholarships for Masters’ degree in the UK and support to members of the British Armed Forces and their families.

Our services

Out-of-hours emergency assistance

British nationals who need urgent consular assistance outside normal office hours should call +679 3229100 and follow the prompts.

To get the latest Travel Advice please click here

To book an appointment for consular service, please email


For information on how to apply for your first passport or renew an existing passport, please visit the overseas passport section of this website. Please note that our embassy or consulate-general cannot deal with individual enquiries about passport applications.

If your passport is unavailable, see how to report a lost or stolen passport

If you are travelling urgently and your passport is lost, stolen, damaged, expired or has insufficient validity, you may be eligible for an emergency travel document


For information on whether you require a visa for the United Kingdom and how to apply, go to the UK Visas and Immigration website

British citizenship

All applications for naturalisation, registration or renunciation of British citizenship are handled by the UK Border Agency. Our consulates cannot handle individual enquiries about citizenship or nationality.

Consular registration

You don’t need to register with your nearest consulate or embassy. Please read and subscribe to updates on our travel advice. You can also find us on facebook. In the event of a crisis, we will update you via these social media channels.

Registering a birth or death

Understanding your legal requirements in Fiji and how you can register a birth or death abroad.

Notice of intended marriage

British nationals who are planning to marry in a foreign (non-Commonwealth) country need to get a Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) before the marriage. British High Commission staff in Suva do not issue these certificate but we forward the required documents to the consulate in the foreign country where the marriage is to take place.

If you are travelling on a British passport you will require a CNI from the British Embassy in the country where you are getting married.

See information on getting married overseas.

Notarial services

The British High Commission Suva are unable to carry out notarial acts under the Commissioner of Oaths Act 1889 and on the instruction from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in London.

This includes certifying documents as true copies of originals, administering oaths or taking affidavits. For these or other notarial acts or the legalising of documents, please contact a notary public.

Guides we produce

Support for British nationals abroad: a guide

Our publication sets out the steps British nationals can take to stay safe abroad, and provides details on what help the Foreign & Commonwealth Office can provide if you do get into difficulty.

Living in Fiji

This guide sets out essential information for British nationals living in, or travelling to Fiji.

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services; a list is available on this website.

List of lawyers

A list of lawyers is available for British nationals who need legal advice. Please note that the inclusion in this list does not constitute office endorsement by the British High Commission or the UK government.

Prisoner pack

We provide information on the legal and prison system to the British nationals who are detained.

How else we can help

In addition to the services listed above we can also:

  • provide information about transferring funds
  • provide appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital
  • help people with mental illness
  • do all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained
  • offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abductions, death of relatives overseas, missing people and kidnapping
  • contact family or friends for you if you want
  • make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters.

UK law says we have to charge for some services. Details of our current fees and the standards of service you can expect to receive are on display in all our consular offices.

What we cannot do for you

Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:

  • Provide notarial or documentary services
  • get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
  • help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
  • give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers
  • get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
  • pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
  • make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
  • make business arrangements on your behalf.

Chevening scholarships

Chevening scholarships are one-year Masters’ degrees for graduates from anywhere in the world who could be future leaders: find out how to apply.

Our people

Roderick Drummond

Roderick Drummond

British High Commissioner to Fiji

Contact us

British High Commission Suva

47 Gladstone Road


Office hours:
Monday to Thursday: 8am to 12:40pm / 1pm to 4pm
Friday: 8am to 1pm

Visa section:
Phone: +679 3229 100

Visa opening hours:
Monday to Thursday: 10am to 12pm

Visa collection times:
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 10am

Access and opening times

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.