British Ambassador to Macedonia
We represent the British government in Macedonia and work with Macedonian stakeholders to support reforms for Euro-Atlantic integration.
We offer a range of services, programme assistance in different areas, support to British businesses in Macedonia and maintain cooperation with media and civil society.
Emergency Consular Assistance (24 hours)
For emergency assistance, such as in the event of the death, assault, arrest or hospitalisation of a British national, call the embassy on +389 2 3299 299 and follow the instructions to be connected with consular officers.
Information, news and updates, listed country by country, to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling abroad.
How to renew or replace your British passport if you live outside the UK.
Emergency travel documents
We may be able to provide an emergency travel document if you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel. If you are due to travel in the next 24 hours, you should contact the British Embassy Skopje as soon as possible.
For all other applications, please check what you must bring with you and then make an appointment at the British Embassy Skopje by calling +389 (2) 3299 299 and selecting the option for ‘consular assistance’. Please call our embassy for advice before making an appointment if:
- you have never applied for a British passport before
- you are applying on behalf of a child
An emergency travel document does not guarantee entry to every country. Read what an emergency travel document does.
This embassy does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration page.
Living in Macedonia
Information for British nationals living in Macedonia.
Births, deaths and marriages
Information on how you can register a birth or death which occurred overseas, and legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad.
How to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.
Information for prisoners
Our prisoner pack provides details of the prison system in Macedonia.
Information on the current cost of fee-bearing services
Information about notarial services available in Macedonia.
Local Service Providers Lists
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above, for British nationals needing emergency consular assistance, we can:
- provide information about transferring funds
- help people with mental illness
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child protection and abductions, kidnappings or someone who is missing abroad and how to make a missing persons report
- provide consular assistance to British nationals who are victims of rape or serious sexual assault or any other serious crime
- help in contacting your family or friends when you are not able to do yourself because you are ill, in hospital, have been arrested etc
- provide advice following the death of a British national in Macedonia, where possible we will try to notify the next of kin
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
- offer support and information when a British national is detained or arrested outside the UK
What consulates cannot do for you
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money
- make travel arrangements for you, find you work, accommodation, or make business arrangements on your behalf
- get involved in private disputes over property, employment, commercial or other matters
- renew or replace a full British passport