Office access and opening times
On this page you will find information about UK passport application opening times, disabled access and our public holidays for 2015.
UK Passport Applications
Her Majesty’s Passport Office commenced application submission for British Passports on Friday 19 June 2015. Applications should be submitted at the UK Visa Application Centre (VAC)
The VAC is located at #305, Prime Hill Business Square, 60 Shwedagon Pagoda Road, Dagon Township, Yangon.
Please contact the VAC via email (HMPO.Yangon@vfshelpline.com) confirming 3 dates/times you are available to attend an appointment. All guidance relating to documents needed for submission are available on GOV.UK
Customers should not book travel until they have a valid passport. If a British national needs to travel more urgently, they may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document (ETD).
Anyone applying for an ETD or needing consular assistance should phone the British Embassy on +95 (0)1 370 863, +95 (0)1 370 864 or +95 (0)1 370 865 and follow the instructions to speak a consular officer who will assist you.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and this Embassy are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members for the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of access for the disabled at this Embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
Access to the Embassy building is constrained by security considerations and the current layout of access routes and facilities. However, reception and security staff are alert to the requirements of disabled visitors and will endeavor to ensure that disable visitors are provided with appropriate assistance during their visit to ensure that they have access to Embassy services.
If you anticipate requiring assistance, please telephone in advance of your visit so that we can ensure that we are able to provide access for you:
Telephone: +95 (1)370863 and ask for the Security Manager or
The Embassy will observe the following public holidays during 2016.
- New Year’s Day 1 January Friday
- Independence Day 4 January Monday
- Union Day 12 February Friday
- Good Friday 25 March Friday
- Easter Monday 28 March Monday
- Thingyan Water Festival 11 April Monday
- Thingyan Water Festival 12 April Tuesday
- Thingyan Water Festival 13 April Wednesday
- Thingyan Water Festival 14 April Thursday
- Thingyan Water Festival 15 April Friday
- Early May Bank Holiday 2 May Monday
- Martyr’s day 19 July Tuesday
- Summer Bank Holiday 29 August Monday
- In lieu for Christmas Day 26 December Monday
The Embassy will remain open on the following public holidays:
- Peasant Day 2 March Wednesday
- Full Moon Day of Tabaung 23 March Wednesday
- Full Moon Day of Tazaungmone 14 November Monday
- National Day 24 November Thursday
- Kayin New Year Day 29 December Thursday