British Ambassador to Kuwait
We work to maintain and further Britain's relationship with Kuwait.
Britain and Kuwait have long enjoyed a close bilateral relationship, with a rich history of cooperation and friendship. We have strong political, economic, cultural, social and military ties.
Visit our travel advice for Kuwait for information, news and updates, to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling abroad.
Passports and emergency travel documents
How to renew or replace your British passport if you are outside the UK and information on getting replacement travel documents if your passport is lost or stolen.
Details of how to get a passport extension can be found here. If you want to make an appointment, contact our Consular section using the details as the foot of this page.
This Embassy does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration.
Births, deaths and marriages
Visit the Legalisation Office website for information on how to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine, so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.
Notarial and documentary services
Introducing a new Consular Appointment System
You can book a consular appointment online. Please go to our notarial and documentary services guide to book an appointment for your requested service.
Living in Kuwait
This guide sets out essential information for British nationals residing in Kuwait, including advice on health, education, benefits, residence requirements and more.
List of lawyers
A list of English speaking lawyers and Translation Offices who may be able to help you with official transactions in Kuwait. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government.
Explanation of the prison system in Kuwait for British nationals.
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above we can also:
- issue emergency travel documents (issued on a case by case basis)
- provide information about transferring funds
- provide appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital
- help people with mental illness
- provide details of local lawyers, interpreters, doctors and funeral directors
- do all we properly can to contact you within 24 hours of being told that you have been detained
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child abduction, death of relatives overseas, missing persons and kidnap
- contact family or friends for you
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
What our consulate cannot do for you
Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people (we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers)
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you a small amount of money from public funds, which you will have to pay back)
- make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation
- make business arrangements on your behalf
British Embassy Kuwait, main contact
Arabian Gulf Street
Telephone +965 2259 4320
Fax political & defence +965 2259 4339
Fax consular +965 2259 4359
Fax trade & investment +965 2259 4368
Fax management +965 2259 4352
Our working hours are now Sunday to Wednesday 07:30 - 15:30, Thursday 07:30-13:30.
The weekend in Kuwait is Friday and Saturday.
British Embassy Kuwait, postal
P O Box 2